Obama supporters schedule riots
Community organizing at its finest.
Obama's supporters are threatening to riot if Mitt Romney wins the election. Such violence is typical in less developed countries, and countries with corrupt political institutions. If riots were to occur, it would confirm the corrupt nature of the current administration.
Selected tweets making the rounds on Twitter. There are thousands of such tweets making the rounds.
Multiple media outlets have picked up this story and are bringing the topic to national attention. The Obama administration, which we would hope would move to quell the threat, will at best make a late-coming, half-hearted plea for people to stay home rather than destroy their own neighborhoods, if they say anything at all.
The threats of rioting are real because it looks increasingly probably that Mitt Romney could come out on top.
Still, the tweets are racist and angry and should give law-abiding citizens reason to pause.
The Obama administration has a duty to lose with as much dignity and grace as possible, if that should be what voters decide in November. Furthermore, because he will still be in office on November 7th, Obama will have a sacred duty to enforce law and order to whatever extent is necessary. If riots occur, then they will be the first time in US history that there has been a contentious transition of power, with the only arguable exception being of the election of President Lincoln in 1860.
The mere possibility of a riot suggests corruption in an administration whose leader prides himself as a first-rate community organizer.
Romney has drawn fire from a small group of citizenry that draws their sustenance from public assistance. Even among that group, the vast majority have no plans to run riot. Being on public assistance does not make one a criminal, however, there has been a conscious effort to portray Romney as insensitive to the needs of that community and planning the cut them off support.
This is a lie, perpetuated by radical Obama supporters. Romney has called for all Americans to take responsibility for their well-being, but he has never pledged to cut anyone off from much-needed public support. The support system is a safety net designed to help people who have no alternative than the street. That safety net will not be removed under the Romney administration.
However, some people who do not belong in that net might encouraged to find their way out.
If Obama wins a second term, it is telling that there are no threats from Tea Party supporters to run amok. There are no moderates, no independents or staunch conservatives who are threatening to riot. Catholics, who have endured one of the most anti-Catholic administrations of the past century, have never threatened to commit a crime in the face of government sanctioned prejudice.
However, the same cannot be said for Obama's supporters.
What does that say about Obama?
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Obama, riots, community organizer
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Attorney General approved warrant for Fox reporter's emails
- 'Journalism has been criminalized' Juan Williams declares
- Documents reveal US drone policy is scandalously indiscriminate
- Special Report from the Virginia Republican Nominating Convention: A Time To Choose - Life
- Lois Learner pleads the 5th. Was she the crook behind it or was she following orders from higher up?
- Sick of deception! Democrat threatens IRS with appointment of special prosecutor
- FOURTH OBAMA SCANDAL: Did HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius solicit funds for nonprofit group?
- Carney still insists nobody told Obama about IRS investigation
- State Department insider warns more whistle-blowers to come on Benghazi scandal
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?