Um, Cardinal Dolan, You Know What You're Doing, Right?
I will be praying that God gives you keen insight and wisdom, as well as courage to fight the good fight.
I couldn't believe the news that Obama was invited to the Al Smith Catholic charities dinner with your blessing. Like a lot of other people, I find it hard to see how this can end well and easy to see how this could be a disaster just weeks before the election. Your Eminence, please tell me you have an ace up your sleeve. Please reassure your concerned sheep that you've got this and all is well. You have never given us reason to doubt you or question your courage and fidelity. So I'm choosing to believe the best and pray that God gives you wisdom and courage. Lead on, Smiling Cardinal.
Well, you've had an interesting week, haven't you? I thought rather than talking about you I'd talk to you. Who am I? Nobody special, just a daughter of the Church. Just an Army wife, a homeschooling mom raising three kids, and an American citizen who's very worried about her country.
You, on the other hand, are a breath of fresh air for the Church in America. You are the embodiment of the courage, enthusiasm, joy, and faith we need now more than ever. Your election to the head of the Bishop's conference was music to my ears. It gave me great hope in many ways. God has not forsaken us here in the U.S.A., even though we've forsaken Him. He has given us you in this critical hour. I know I'm not alone here -- any Catholic who's paying any attention at all is grateful for all you've done.
I want to thank you for the leadership you've provided. I want to thank you for having a spine. Thank you for your forthrightness and fidelity. Thank you for fighting and defending and teaching and admonishing and for doing it all with your unbeatable smile. You're a big bear -- part teddy and part grizzly. It's exactly what we need, so don't ever change.
When this story of the Al Smith Catholic charities dinner first came to light my first thought was that the reporter had his facts messed up. I thought, "There's no way Cardinal Dolan invited him!" Then came some disbelief, then an out loud, "What?!?" when I learned it was true.
The firing squad quickly took aim at you, and the Catholic blogosphere was soon crackling with a lot of angry Catholics who could not fathom why our Church leaders were inviting the worst President in history to dinner.
In my own small circle, I tried to encourage folks to take a deep breath and not rush to join in the condemnation. Cardinal Dolan, I said, has never given us a reason to doubt his strength or his loyalty. Let's give this a chance and see what comes of it.
But I have to admit, I'm not crazy about it either. The whole thing makes me nervous, to say the least.
The man sitting in the White House does not behave like a President, so I won't call him that. He wants to be king, and he acts like a tyrant, so from now on, I will refer to him as the tyrantking. He is the enemy of life and freedom in America. I don't think anyone can dispute that assessment. I think he is a wolf who barely bothers to put his wool on anymore.
He is the enemy of Catholicism, as far as I'm concerned. He uses the Church to cover his behind and give his evil policies some sort of legitimacy, thanks to apostates like Nancy Pelosi, Joe Biden, Kathleen Sebelius, and thanks to the inexplicable Fr. John Jenkins. (Why is he still the president of a Catholic university, by the way??)
After this last year and the all-out assault he has waged on religious freedom and the child in the womb; after his pathetic and manufactured "war on women" that revolves around contraception; and after all you have said and done to stand up to him and lead the Church in the battle to defend what is right, why why why do we have to invite the guy to dinner for drinks and a few laughs??
As of this moment, Catholics in America must decide whether to violate Church teaching and their own conscience, or whether to disobey the HHS mandate and risk their business and livelihood. The war is ON, and we're gonna tell jokes and have a good time with the tyrant behind the oppression? Seriously?
Your Eminence, please tell me you have an ace up your sleeve. Please tell me there's more to this that the rest of us just don't know about yet. Please tell me you haven't taken leave of your good senses.
In my head, the conversation is going something like this:
Cardinal Dolan is no idiot. True. This ain't his first rodeo. True again. He's certainly no Obama sycophant. Very true. He must have a good reason for doing this. I sure hope so. But c'mon, really? Are we suddenly no longer fighting for our lives against this guy and his evil policies? Exactly... This will end badly with one opportune photo, and Obama will milk it for all it's worth right through the election. Yep. Okay Jesus, I trust in You. Please prove me wrong about this.
I'm waiting anxiously to hear what your thoughts are about this whole mess. Please reassure your worried sheep that you've looked at this from all sides and all is well.
I beg you, please promise me that you won't gift the tyrantking two ...
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- SHOCKING: Senator says IRS set to pay out $70 million in employee bonuses
- Agents think they'll find out what happened to Jimmy Hoffa - after 40 years
- Did Pocahontas save explorer John Smith here? Native American site of Werowocomoco fascinating regardless
- Poorly prepared teachers steering nation's classrooms
- Cheers Star: We Didn't Need Surveillance When We Were Kids - 'We Had God'
- IN SEARCH OF SUNKEN TREASURE: Divers plunge into Lake Michigan to search for 17th Century ship
- No-one Can Change the Truth About Fatherhood. Love Your Father. Be a Good Father
- Archbishop Chaput Cuts Through the Double Talk About Religious Liberty
- Courageous Cardinal George of Chicago Defends Marriage, Calls for Public Conversion
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?