Islamic terrorists from Mexico infiltrating U.S. for next attack
Hezbollah cells active in Mexico, are sneaking into the US.
Terrorists are using Mexico as a staging area and entry point into the US for terrorist attacks. Representative Sue Myrick (R - NC) is asking the Obama administration to investigate the apparent problem.
Legions of Hezbollah paramilitary terrorists are infiltrating the US via Mexico.
The ties are blatant. Earlier this year, an Iranian operative was arrested for plotting to assassinate a Saudi Arabian diplomat in Washington. The would-be killer had hired Mexican cartel assassins to assist him. He was only one of several people who have been arrested both in the US and Mexico with ties to Iran and Hezbollah.
Despite obvious connections like these, Myrick says the Department of Homeland Security still refuses to properly investigate the matter.
That Hezbollah is working to establish secret bases of support in Mexico and South America is no secret. In 2010, the Tucson Police Department even issued a brief on the groups and the threat they pose to local security.
Mexican drug cartels are routinely busted with high-powered weapons including assault rifles and rocket launchers that have passed through the Middle East. The weapons are coming from somewhere, and that somewhere appears to be Lebanon and Iran.
In 2009, a Mexican newspaper, "The Diario de Quintnna Roo" even published a report that Hezbollah cells were using drug trafficking routes to reach the US.
What this means is that terrorists are staging themselves in Mexico, pairing with the cartels, and in exchange for guns and money, are being smuggled into the US with drug shipments.
While the drugs are dangerous and should also be stopped, they are consumed by choice and primarily harm users. However, the terrorists that are hitching rides with the shipments are a danger to all because they attack indiscriminately.
Perhaps most dangerous of all is the reluctance of the Department of Homeland Security to investigate the matter fully and to strengthen our borders.
Unfortunately, border security is a hot-button campaign issue and neither candidate can afford to alienate voters who are opposed to increased border enforcement. Many of those voters see border enforcement as a race-based issue and one that can directly affect the lives of their loved ones.
Many voters do not realize that the issue of border security is also a matter of national security and that the next successful terrorist attack on American soil may very well have a Mexican connection. If that happens, there's no telling how the government and the citizens of the US may react.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Hezbollah, terrorists, Mexico, drug cartels, Department of Homeland Security, DHS
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Americas News
- High-tech Indiana Jones team discovers the fabled lost city of Ciudad Blanca
- Has the lost 'White City of gold' been found at last?
- Why did the world's laziest workers destroy a treasured Mayan pyramid?
- Scientists discover 'Brazilian Atlantis' off Rio coast
- Would emergency parachutes in high-rise buildings stave off another 9/11 disaster?
- Obama: Guantanamo 'is not in the best interest of the American people'
- Mexicans view U.S., Obama more favorably, 20 percent would immigrate illegally
- Declared the antichrist, three-day-old baby burned to death by Chilean cult leader
- NEW DISCOVERY: Origins of Maya civilization were more complex than first believed
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?