San Gabriel LE - Students in D.C. for Great Outdoors Week
California students are in Washington D.C. for the Great Outdoors Week.
A group from the San Gabriel Mountains Forever Leadership Academy is in Washington, D.C., to participate in the Great Outdoors America Week. They join with people from all over the nation who support local and national lands.
San Gabriel Mountains make up nearly 70 percent of the Los Angeles region's open spaces and account for one-third of the area's water
"Literally, we need the mountains to survive. At the same time, for many in the Los Angeles region and the San Gabriel Valley, they just haven't had a chance to experience the wonder of our nature."
San Gabriel Mountains Forever is a variety of individuals and groups who wish to see wilderness and wild scenic river locations for the San Gabriel Mountains and River, as well as a National Recreation Area from the mountains to the San Gabriel Valley. President Obama released the America's Great Outdoors (AGO) Initiative, with the intention that lasting conservation solutions should come from the American people themselves.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: outdoors, students, week, scenic, wild
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Green News
- MYSTERY SOLVED? NASA geologist may have found out secret behind 'sailing stones'
- United Nations says world population nearing 7.2 billion
- Was world-famous iceman mummy the victim of foul play?
- Secret wildfires - 'understory fires' taking momentous toll on Amazon rain forest
- Shutting down: Two reactors inside San Onofre Nuclear Plant to be retired
- A Catholic Way of Being Green: Pope Francis Calls Us to Care for Each Other and Creation in a Culture of Solidarity
- Ocean of tires in Kuwait can be seen from outer space
- BACK FROM EXTINCTION: Extinct for 60 years, Hula Painted Frog rediscovered
- The six-foot reptile weighed more than 60 pounds 'Lizard King' named after rock star Jim Morrison
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?